I hope the day has been treating you well!
Just a quick story…
My nephew visited me a few days ago. I usually have all of his healthy favourites so I could spoil him like any doting aunty would.
However, things were different that day as I had not bought his usual beverage.
As I searched to find an alternative, he pulled up a bar chair next to the kitchen counter, sat on the chair and grabbed a lemon from the fruit bowl.
“Aunty, can you cut this in half for me please?” he asked. “I want to make lemonade.”
I took the lemon from him, washed it and cut it in half with a knife.
He squeezed the juice of each half into a cup using his bare hands.
Enough said without saying much! I was suddenly aware of my place.
I assumed the role of the dutiful assistant and offered to pour some water into the cup. My nephew then swirled the cloudy concoction with a spoon, tasted the drink and whispered, “Ahhh!”
The look on his face! He was so pleased with the outcome.
Imagine – a young child in his early primary school years had inadvertently reinforced some of life’s reminders to a grown adult.
- Sometimes the solution to a problem is sitting right in front of us.
- Sometimes the things we perceive to be problems are not problems at all.
- It’s more than okay to use the resources available to us until we are able to do otherwise.
- Sometimes we wish for things to appear in front of us – ready-made. We can experience a true sense of joy and accomplishment when we create something from scratch.
- When life gives you lemons – make lemonade! A positive outcome can arise from a difficult situation.
Have a great week.
Aisha A. Phipps
Musings of Ms. Phipps
© Musings Of Ms Phipps and Aisha Phipps (www.msphipps.co.uk) 2019. Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.